The Philippine Statistical Association, Inc. (PSAI) is a private non-stock and non-profit foundation organized on December 22, 1951 and registered and incorporated on September 24, 1952 with the Securities and Exchange Commission. It was also registered with the Department of Science and Technology on August 31, 1993 as a foundation for scientific advancement.
The PSAI envisions to be a nationally and globally recognized society of statisticians and allied professionals committed to advancing the statistics profession and to promoting sound statistical science for the welfare of all Filipinos and the entire humanity.
- Uplift and advance the statistics;
- Encourage and promote the proper application and interpretation of statistics in all field of learning and endeavors;
- Work for the improvement of statistical literacy and education at all levels;
- Serve the public by providing advice on current statistical issues and concerns.
As envisioned by its founders and adhered to by government of members thereafter, the PSAI is committed to the following objectives:
- To foster statistics and its application in the broadest manner;
- To promote unity and effectiveness of effort among all concerned with statistical problems;
- To increase the contribution of statistics to human welfare.
Regular Activities of the PSAI
- Annual Training for Members
- PSAI Publications - PSAI Newsletter, The Philippine Statistician, PSAI Website
- Monthly Executive Committee Meetings
- Quarterly Board Meetings
- Annual Meeting and Christmas Party