Monday, May 4, 2015
Becoming a qualified non-life actuary in the Philippines could present a very lucrative and challenging career opportunity. There is a significant need that non-life insurance companies will soon realize and address, with no supply to speak of. And that is only in the Philippines, in the US and other countries, it is already happening.
To take advantage of this important opportunity, you can work for and be trained by a US based actuarial consulting firm with an office in San Juan, Metro Manila. Join AMI Actuarial Consultants Philippines, Inc!
AMI Actuarial Consultants Philippines, Inc. is an outsourcing firm that provides non life consulting services to U.S. government entities and U.S. insurance companies, as well as risk-based studies and self-insurance programs to international organizations. We are currently looking for
WHEN YOU ARE READY, LET US KNOW!!!
The Predictive Modeler will apply statistical techniques to develop and execute predictive models and advanced analytics. This individual will have the opportunity to work with a team of actuaries to impact business initiatives and strategy development for all lines of business.
- Using SAS, R, or other tools, builds models predicting claim costs, frequency, pure premium, workplace safety metrics, or other relevant business outcomes.
- Participates in the development of new pricing plans.
- Engages in independent research of statistical techniques and their application to the business; assists in developing new project ideas to support the business.
- Collaborates with other areas within the Actuarial team and cross-functionally to implement models.
- Monitors existing predictive models for ongoing efficiency and stability; performs refreshes as necessary.
- Communicates findings and recommendations via written and oral presentations; conveys a clear understanding of business implications.
- Effectively handles data through quality checks and appropriate transformations; expertly and efficiently handles large datasets.
- Documents activities in an organized manner to facilitate knowledge retention.
- Participates in high level company project teams as a representative of the Actuarial department.
- Performs all functions with minimal supervision. Keeps manager informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to manager for direction.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Statistics.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively apply statistical methodologies in addressing business challenges.
- Predictive modeling and analytics background, either through direct experience, or a relevant degree.
- Non-life insurance knowledge/experience a plus, in particular experience with pricing strategies.
- Skilled user of SAS, R, or other statistical software.
- Fresh graduates/Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply
If you think you have what it takes and ready to be a part of the AMI Team, send resume and transcript of records to email@example.com, with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about AMI, please visit our website http://www.amirisk.com