Announcement on the virtual hosting of the 2020 PSAI Annual Conference and 2020 PSAI Trainings
(Date posted: 13 May 2020 |
Last updated: 15 September 2020)
In response to the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) brought about by the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, the Philippine Statistical Association, Inc. (PSAI) is pleased to announce the following:
- In lieu of the usual out-of-town Annual Conferences conducted by PSAI, please be guided of the following:
- Final schedule of the Half-day webinar sessions shall be announced on a later date.
- The webinar sessions can be from any theme/ subject.
- Research papers that have not been published or presented in any other fora may be submitted for evaluation by the PSAI Scientific Program Committee.
- Papers may include but may not be limited to the pandemic, policy responses to the crisis, and other topics of interest.
- Authors of papers that have been accepted for presentation/discussion shall be informed no later than 15 October 2020.
- Kindly submit your paper in Word and/or PDF file to:
PSAI Annual Conference Committee
- Guidelines for the presentation shall be issued as soon as possible.
- Participation is free-of-charge.
- Please visit the PSAI website at http://www.psai.ph for further announcements.
- The PSAI 2020 Training Committee under the chairmanship of Dr. Josefina V. Almeda, Executive Director of the Philippine Statistical Research and Training Institute (PSRTI), shall be conducting virtual training sessions in Statistics within the third quarter of the year.
Training schedule, proposed topics, and other pertinent details shall be released as soon as the guidelines are finalized by the Co-Chair, Prof. Manuel Albis of the University of the Philippines School of Statistics.
We are encouraging interested participants to join and share their expertise and knowledge during the event. For further inquiries, please email the PSAI Secretariat (c/o Tess Abad) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay connected.
Dennis S. Mapa, PhD
President, Philippine Statistical Association, Inc.